Einbinder & Dunn has earned a national reputation as franchise lawyers representing both franchisors and franchisees in all industries.
Our knowledge of both sides of the franchise model allows us to give our clients a unique perspective on the industry and individual transactions or disputes. Our years of experience are critical in helping our clients feel they have hands on, high quality support for all of their legal needs.
Services for Franchisors
Einbinder & Dunn assists franchisors in every aspect of development, including:
- creating franchise business programs
- structuring of franchise business entities to maximize flexibility, protect assets, and allow for future investment, among other things
- preparation and registration of franchise disclosure documents (FDDs)
- protecting and licensing trademarks and other intellectual property
- purchasing and selling franchise systems
- developing franchise platforms and integrating acquired brands
See more on franchisor representation
Services for Franchisees
We provide an equally broad range of services to franchisees:
- assisting single and multi-unit operators with acquiring and selling franchises
- reviewing FDDs and other commercial contracts
- forming business entities and implementing a corporate structure to foster future growth
- forming and representing franchisee associations
- reviewing and negotiating franchise agreements, area development agreements, leases and other contracts
- buying and selling existing businesses
- negotiating exit and/or succession strategies
FRANCHISE DISPUTE RESOLUTION
Our firm has extensive commercial litigation experience and brings that to bear in resolving franchise disputes on behalf of our clients around the country. Our firm engages in matters in state and federal courts as well as through arbitration tribunals and mediation.
See more on litigation and arbitration
OTHER PRACTICE AREAS
Einbinder & Dunn’s complementary practice areas makes us a ‘one-stop shop’ for our franchise law clients, who benefit from the firm’s extensive experience in commercial litigation, business law, real estate law. Our varied experience allows us to provide clients with a comprehensive approach to their legal needs.
Listen to Michael Einbinder discuss the basics of Becoming a Franchisor or Franchisee.