Michael Einbinder is a founding Partner of Einbinder & Dunn. He is a participating member of the American Bar Association Forum on Franchising as well as the New York City Bar Association. He is also a member of the International Franchise Association, the New York State Bar Association Committee on Franchising, and the Association of the Bar of the City of New York (Panel Memberships on Franchise Law, Commercial Law and Commercial Litigation). He is a Member of the American Association of Franchisees and Dealers, and is past chair of the American Franchisee Association Legal Symposium Steering Committee. He is also a member of the American Bar Association Section of Dispute Resolution, participating in the Arbitration Committee and Ethics Committee.
Michael is a published author and frequent speaker on franchise issues at events hosted by the American Bar Association among other organizations. He has been selected as one of the best attorneys in franchising by his peers in conjunction with Franchise Times' editorial board since 2004. Michael has also been recognized by Who’s Who Legal: Franchise 2016 as being “among the world’s leading Franchise lawyers."
Michael has over 30 years of experience representing clients in complex commercial matters in state and federal courts, and in arbitrations and mediations nationwide. Further, he has significant experience representing franchisor and franchisee clients in all categories of disputes including trademark infringement claims, termination issues, enforcement of non-competition agreements, breach of contract and fraud claims. Commercial cases generally involve claims relating to breach of contract, fraud, misappropriation of trade secrets, interference with contractual relations, enforcement of non-competition agreements, real estate transactions, partnership and shareholder disputes as well as intellectual property disputes. Michael’s business and commercial clients include both small to medium sized businesses in a variety of industries including manufacturing, logistics, shipping, business services, retail, restaurant, hospitality and healthcare. He also handles disputes relating to securities and bankruptcy issues.
Michael also serves as an arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association and has served as arbitrator in over twenty-five cases. These cases involved various claims relating to breach of contract, license agreements, fraud, misappropriation of trade secrets, interference with contractual relations, enforcement of confidentiality agreements, non-disclosure and non-competition agreements, restrictive covenants, corporate dissolution, shareholders agreements, partnership agreements, real estate transactions, purchase and/or sale of businesses, joint venture, partnership disputes, LLC disputes and shareholder disputes as well as trademark and intellectual property disputes. Industries include franchising, licensing, accounting, retail, restaurant, hospitality, insurance, finance, manufacturing, logistics, shipping and air freight, recreational, optical, business services, household services, home improvement, healthcare, education, child care, pet care services and software industries.
Michael is the author of the firm business litigation blog.
- Bar Admissions
- New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- Pace University School of Law, White Plains, New York, J.D.
- Clark University, B.A.
- University of London, England
- Franchise Legal ServicesOur understanding of both sides of the franchising dynamic has proven invaluable to franchisors and franchisees. >
- Commercial LitigationWe handle complex cases in a manner that is both more experienced and affordable than our competitors. >
- Commercial Real Estate AttorneysOur firm handles
purchases and sales,
financing and the
development of com-
mercial properties. >
- Business Lawyers in NYCOur firm represents
clients in structuring,
and litigation for
businesses of all
- Fashion Law FirmWe bring decades
of experience to the
area of fashion law
for designers, manu-
and importers. >
- Restaurant Lawyers in NYCWe represent restaurant owners, independent and franchised, in business development, lease negotiation and dispute resolution. >
- Trusts & Estates AttorneysWe help structure individualized estate plans to protect you, your loved ones and your assets. >
- Outside General Counsel Services>