Mackenzie L. Dimitri
Mackenzie L. Dimitri is a litigator with general commercial and franchise-specific experience. Mrs. Dimitri has represented business and franchise clients in the transportation, child care, entertainment, restaurant, hospitality, convenience store and real estate industries, in trials and other dispute resolution forums throughout the country. Mrs. Dimitri has also successfully mediated and otherwise negotiated favorable settlements at various stages of litigation, and has a nuanced understanding of how each client’s business objectives relate to that client’s goals in any given lawsuit. In addition to her courtroom experience, Mrs. Dimitri also drafts and negotiates commercial contracts, including franchise disclosure documents, and coordinates corporate organizational matters.
Mrs. Dimitri is a committee member of the Young Lawyers’ Division of the American Bar Association (ABA) Forum on Franchising. In October 2017, Mrs. Dimitri was asked by her colleagues at the ABA to speak at the 40th Annual Forum on Franchising in Palm Desert, California, on the topic of efficient breach and equitable remedies in litigation. In March 2017, Mrs. Dimitri spoke with a panel of franchise attorneys for an ABA webinar about regulatory issues for franchisors. Mrs. Dimitri is a regularly contributing ‘blogger’ on E&D’s business litigation and franchise law blogs.
Mrs. Dimitri is a regularly published author on litigation, franchise law, and business law topics. Her notable publications include:
- Enforcing the Bargain or Buying Your Way Out? The Right to Specific Performance in Franchise Agreements versus the Concept of Efficient Breach, American Bar Association (October 2017)
- Defense for Nondisclosure of Liability for Lost Profits, The Franchise Lawyer (July 2016)
- What You Need to Know Before Buying a Franchise, Franchising USA Magazine (July 2014)
- How Much Money Will I Make From my Franchise? Franchising USA Magazine (March 2014)
- Pending Franchise Litigation - What Franchisors and Franchisees Need to Know, Franchising USA Magazine (February 2014)
- Franchising Your Business, Franchising USA Magazine (December 2013)
- Bar Admissions
- New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- Albany Law School of Union University, Albany, New York, J.D.
- Syracuse University, B.S.
- Franchise Legal ServicesOur understanding of both sides of the franchising dynamic has proven invaluable to franchisors and franchisees. >
- Commercial LitigationWe handle complex cases in a manner that is both more experienced and affordable than our competitors. >
- Commercial Real Estate AttorneysOur firm handles
purchases and sales,
financing and the
development of com-
mercial properties. >
- Business Lawyers in NYCOur firm represents
clients in structuring,
and litigation for
businesses of all
- Fashion Law FirmWe bring decades
of experience to the
area of fashion law
for designers, manu-
and importers. >
- Restaurant Lawyers in NYCWe represent restaurant owners, independent and franchised, in business development, lease negotiation and dispute resolution. >