Franchise Lawyer Blog
- Will the New Federal Overtime Law Affect my Business?July 21, 2016On May 18, 2016, President Obama announced the publication of The Department of Labor’s Final Rule updating Federal overtime regulations. The Final Rule focuses primarily on updating the salary and...
- Working for the Competition - How State Legislation Banning or Limiting Enforcement of Non-Compete Agreements May Affect Your FranchiseJune 30, 2016
The subject of non-compete agreements, a hot-button issue in franchising, has come to a head in Massachusetts, where just yesterday, the House of Representatives voted unanimously to...
- A Fifteen-Dollar DilemmaMay 09, 2016A hot topic facing many state and local legislatures across the country is whether to implement a fifteen-dollar minimum wage. This year, the States of California and New York passed...
- Gift Card Programs - It's The Thought That Counts?April 11, 2016For gift-givers, the gift card is the perfect solution to the man-who-has-everything, the birthday-you-forgot-about and for walking the tightrope of generous-but-slightly-impersonal required for say, the office gift pool or a...
- Franchising Non-CompetesMarch 25, 2016It is safe to say that nearly all franchise agreements contain a covenant against competition, or a non-compete clause. These clauses generally limit the activities a franchisee can engage in...
- Franchising and Price Maintenance - Part OneOctober 29, 2015Antitrust law concerns itself in part with resale price maintenance (“RPM”), sometimes more harshly referred to as price fixing. Historically, “horizontal” price maintenance, that is, price agreements between two parties...
- Franchisor/Franchisee Joint Employer StatusSeptember 30, 2015The issue of franchisor/franchisee joint employer status continues to evolve. On August 27, 2015, the National Labor Relations Board (“NLRB”) issued a decision, commonly referred to as Browning-Ferris, which altered...
- Franchise Franchised FranchisingJuly 20, 2015The title of this blog post is of course a shameless play for search engine optimization. But it also serves to illustrate a point. At Einbinder & Dunn, we have...
- Legal EaglesMay 20, 2015Congratulations to Michael Einbinder and Julie Lusthaus, both recently named to the Franchise Times Magazine’s Legal Eagle Hall of Fame. The magazine designates a limited number of top franchise attorneys...
- Glossary of Franchise Terms, Part 1February 14, 2015
We find in our discussions with clients, potential clients and other interested parties that we frequently use terms of art in the franchising field whose meaning may not be...
- Franchise Legal ServicesOur understanding of both sides of the franchising dynamic has proven invaluable to franchisors and franchisees. >
- Commercial LitigationWe handle complex cases in a manner that is both more experienced and affordable than our competitors. >
- Commercial Real Estate AttorneysOur firm handles
purchases and sales,
financing and the
development of com-
mercial properties. >
- Business Lawyers in NYCOur firm represents
clients in structuring,
and litigation for
businesses of all
- Fashion Law FirmWe bring decades
of experience to the
area of fashion law
for designers, manu-
and importers. >
- Restaurant Lawyers in NYCWe represent restaurant owners, independent and franchised, in business development, lease negotiation and dispute resolution. >
- Trusts & EstatesWe help structure individualized estate plans to protect you, your loved ones and your assets. >
- Outside General Counsel Services>