Franchise Lawyer Blog
- Franchising Your Business - Back to BasicsJuly 28, 2017Every once in a while, it is useful to stop what we’re doing and examine how we are doing it, to see if we have gotten into bad habits or...
- Practical help for franchisees; what to ask and how to negotiate fees for new technology.June 13, 2017One expensive aspect of operating and/or acquiring a franchise that new franchisees often overlook is the expense of utilizing, adopting or upgrading the franchisor’s technology. Technological advancements in franchising cross...
- Isolated Sales ExemptionMay 12, 2017
Companies that are interested in developing a franchise program or offer franchises for sale in or from New York must comply with the New York Franchise Sales Act...
- The Defend Trade Secrets Act of 2016April 27, 2017The Defend Trade Secrets Act of 2016 (the “DTSA”), which became law on May 11, 2016, is a useful tool for franchisors in protecting their trademarks and trade secrets both...
- Franchising Basics; Helpful Information For Business Owners Considering Expanding Through Franchising.March 17, 2017Congratulations! If you are considering franchising, that most likely means you have opened and successfully operated a new business; no easy feat in today’s economy! As you likely already know,...
- In re Baez and Employment Relationships Between Franchisors and FranchiseesDecember 07, 2016In In re Baez, a potentially important case for franchisors, Jan-Pro Cleaning Systems, a janitorial franchisor, was held responsible for unemployment insurance contributions on remunerations paid to franchisees. In Baez,...
- Franchising in the News; How to Ensure Your Online Marketing Campaign Remains Compliant with Franchise RegulationsSeptember 22, 2016A recent article in the Franchise Times provides an interesting perspective on franchisors’ web site practices. Mark Siebert, from iFranchise Group, writes that “[w]hen it comes to whether franchisors...
- Franchise Succession PlanningAugust 15, 2016One of our founding partners, Michael Einbinder, recently addressed a group of restaurant franchisees concerning transferring their respective franchise(s) to the next generation, a concept often referred to as succession...
- What Rights do Franchisees have under the New York Franchise Sales Act?August 09, 2016The declaration of policy accompanying the New York Franchise Sales Act, N.Y. Gen. Bus. L. § 680 et seq., (NYFSA) states that “it is the intent of this law to...
- New York Minimum Wage to Rise to $15 per HourJuly 27, 2016New York State, and particularly New York City, is becoming one of the most expensive places in the nation to operate a small business. New legislation is affecting the bottom...
- Franchise Legal ServicesOur understanding of both sides of the franchising dynamic has proven invaluable to franchisors and franchisees. >
- Commercial LitigationWe handle complex cases in a manner that is both more experienced and affordable than our competitors. >
- Commercial Real Estate AttorneysOur firm handles
purchases and sales,
financing and the
development of com-
mercial properties. >
- Business Lawyers in NYCOur firm represents
clients in structuring,
and litigation for
businesses of all
- Fashion Law FirmWe bring decades
of experience to the
area of fashion law
for designers, manu-
and importers. >
- Restaurant Lawyers in NYCWe represent restaurant owners, independent and franchised, in business development, lease negotiation and dispute resolution. >
- Trusts & EstatesWe help structure individualized estate plans to protect you, your loved ones and your assets. >
- Outside General Counsel Services>