Our story begins in 1990, when Michael Einbinder and Terrence Dunn became partners. We shared a vision to offer clients real value—by providing personalized, yet cost-effective legal services. We also employ a team of professional, highly dedicated associate attorneys and two paralegals, in addition to other support staff, all of whom share the partner’s vision of a sophisticated yet personalized practice. Based in Midtown Manhattan, with offices in White Plains and Millburn, New Jersey, Einbinder & Dunn serves mid-size and larger companies as well as small businesses and entrepreneurs.
Our practice focuses on a range of key areas, including franchise law, commercial litigation, real estate law, business law, fashion law, restaurant law and trusts and estates. This range of highly diverse but interrelated areas of focus represent an array of proficiencies that our firm utilizes to conceive unique, interdisciplinary strategies – the likes of which larger firms lack the versatility to employ – which are finely tuned to the individual needs of each client. Our years of experience in the areas in which we practice make us a recognized authority in many areas, such as franchising.
Although our attorneys routinely and successfully work with and against the largest law firms, Einbinder & Dunn’s size translates into one of its distinguishing hallmarks: unique, consistent access to our partners, who have the flexibility to offer individualized attention to clients at affordable rates.
- Dedication. We completely immerse ourselves in each client’s business and goals so that we can precisely identify—and effectively deliver—the outcome most desired for each particular client. Nowhere else will you find a firm whose clients receive more personal and consistent partner attention.
- Adaptability. We are constantly innovative and forward-thinking in our approach to each case. We fully understand and anticipate our clients’ needs, and consequently implement uniquely-tailored strategies – time-tested and proven in some cases; unconventional and unique in others – that minimize risk and most effectively address your needs.
- Teamwork. We work collaboratively, sharing ideas and perspectives to arrive at optimal outcomes. No matter what the legal challenge, we recognize that the best solutions originate from working closely with colleagues and clients. Every client’s legal matters receive the benefit of the knowledge and experience of all four of our partners, even if it is unspoken.
- Integrity. Our sterling reputation rests on our commitment to the highest ethical and professional standards and to providing excellence in the quality of our work, every step of the way.
- The Client. The client comes first at Einbinder & Dunn. Your success defines our mission—and it is the cornerstone of our firm, guiding everything we do. Whether it is a transaction, complex structuring advice or the successful resolution of a dispute, we are dedicated to achieving the best possible result in a cost-efficient manner.
Why Einbinder & Dunn?
Einbinder & Dunn’s founding partners have been practicing law for over 30 years in the areas of franchising, litigation, real estate, business, fashion and trusts and estates. Our firm’s success is predicated upon the intimacy of the attention and care we afford to our clients, which larger firms are unable to replicate. Larger firms operate on the simplistic assumption that greater size translates to greater client attention. In larger firms, partners focus all their attention on acquiring new clients, while the concerns of existing clients are relegated to associates. Worse yet, not only is “large firm attention” actually significantly less extensive, but it comes attached with accordingly larger expenses.
We at Einbinder & Dunn distinguish ourselves from the competition by pledging consistent partner attention and accessibility to each and every one of our clients. This partner attention is significantly more cost-effective than that of our large firm competition. When we meet with you one-on-one to discuss your matter, we take the time to get to know your business thoroughly and gain insight into your specific concerns. Working side-by-side, we will formulate and implement the strategy that best enables your transaction to close or your dispute to be resolved. And throughout the entire process, our partners will be at your constant disposal for every last one of your questions and concerns, no matter how minute.
The thoroughness of our partners’ attention to your concerns is matched only by its longevity. In addition to conceiving long-term solutions for our clients, we also forge long-term relationships with them in the process. Our partners pride themselves on the loyalty they invariably develop for our clients. We work ceaselessly to ensure that our knowledge of your business, case, or concerns is so intimate that we can anticipate changes in your landscape before they even occur. With clients who have depended on us for over two decades now, Einbinder & Dunn is a firm whose near-familial client relationships certainly translate into unparalleled dedication and reliability.
We take great pride in the skill, energy and level of personal service we can bring to your legal matters. We are very interested in learning more about you and helping you determine if we can be of assistance. Please take a minute to talk with us about your concerns. We’re here to listen. Just call 212-391-9500 to speak with one of the firm’s partners or click here to fill out a contact form, and see for yourself just how closely we engage ourselves in addressing the individual concerns of every client.
- Franchise Legal ServicesOur understanding of both sides of the franchising dynamic has proven invaluable to franchisors and franchisees. >
- Commercial LitigationWe handle complex cases in a manner that is both more experienced and affordable than our competitors. >
- Commercial Real Estate AttorneysOur firm handles
purchases and sales,
financing and the
development of com-
mercial properties. >
- Business Lawyers in NYCOur firm represents
clients in structuring,
and litigation for
businesses of all
- Fashion Law FirmWe bring decades
of experience to the
area of fashion law
for designers, manu-
and importers. >
- Restaurant Lawyers in NYCWe represent restaurant owners, independent and franchised, in business development, lease negotiation and dispute resolution. >
- Trusts & EstatesWe help structure individualized estate plans to protect you, your loved ones and your assets. >
- Outside General Counsel Services>